Help for Victims of Crime

If you have been a victim of crime, your first step is to call the police. They will investigate the crime and refer you to the victim services unit for assistance.

If you are in a family violence emergency, call 911 or your local police service. The police can give you an overview of options, such as emergency protection orders. All police services have access to a Victim’s Services Unit that can provide the following:

  • Information – a link between you and the justice system to help you obtain the services you need
  • Referrals – you may need legal information, counselling financial assistance or other services
  • Assistance – if your case goes to court, victim services staff will work with the crown prosecutor’s office and the police to answer your questions, help you prepare for court, accompany you to court if you wish, and ensure you are informed about court dates and the results of the proceedings

Restitution for Victims of Crime.pdf731.53 KB
Victim Impact Statement Brochure.pdf945.26 KB
Financial Benefits Brochure.pdf266.06 KB